Sunday, September 03, 2006

The long weekend...so far

There certainly was a time, when Emma was a little baby, when the prospect of a long holiday weekend without any concrete plans filled me dread. Don't get me wrong, I loved the time we spent together when she was a baby. But she was so little and couldn't play by herself or walk or really do anything, and that can make for a long three days. That time, however, is way past. We have a three-day Labor Day weekend and no real plans, but we can always seem to find something to do now. A four-year-old child is so much fun.

It was a bit overcast on Saturday, with temps in the mid-70s, so we headed to the zoo. I didn't take many pictures, but managed to get a decent shot of Emma in the vicinity of the elephants.


They have these little stone animals all over our zoo and Emma had a good time riding the hippo...

We probably walked three miles by the time the afternoon was over, but the weather was so pleasant that it didn't seem too much effort. I'm so happy the hot weather appears to be gone. I love fall and hope we're in for a long Indian summer.

I guess we should enjoy our nice leisurely long weekend, because the next several weekends are crammed with activities. It's feast or famine with us, and we're definitely feasting the rest of September!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Looks like a great way to spend the day.

I just LOVE looking at Ms. Emma. I can hardly wait to do those fun kind of excursions with my girl :0)