Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Our boring world

Emma has discovered the word "boring." Suddenly, everything in our lives is "boring"...from the park we're playing in, to the tv show we're watching, to the clothes I've laid out for her. Last night, after Emma pronounced that the dinner I'd made was boring, I snapped "you know what's really boring is hearing you say the word boring every five seconds!" Yes, I'm the mature one in this relationship. Needless to say, I didn't hear the word "boring" the rest of the evening. But I'm sure its return is imminent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it nice when they were little and sweet. :) Kylie's newest phrase is "What can we do today that's fun?" But, it's said with sarcasm because she thinks everything we do is boring too. It's hard to learn that life isn't always full of excitement! Hang in there!!