Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My daughter, the comedian

I've been so fortunate to have a daughter who possesses many endearing qualities, the most important of which is a great sense of humor (in my book, anyway.) Even at 8 months old, she loved to make people laugh. We would say "make a funny face, Emma" and she would roll her eyes or stick out her tongue. It was hilarious.

Well, now Emma has discovered the concept of jokes. Her favorites are knock-knock jokes. Here is a typical example:

Emma: Knock knock
Me: Who's there?
Emma: Boo!
Me: Boo who?
Emma: Boo carrot! GET IT? (peals of laughter ensue from both of us)

I guess someday she'll learn to tell real jokes. But her made-up jokes are pretty funny to me in the meantime...

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Yet again, another fantastic pic!

And, the world ALWAYS loves a funny girl :0)

Anonymous said...

And I thought I had the class clown! Jordan and I went to culture camp this past weekend and when it came to each child saying their name - Jordan decided to say that her name was "Whoopsie". Why? "Because I wanted them to laugh Mommy". Ahhh...to be 4.

Julia said...

This is hilarious. L and M love knock knock jokes too, and sometimes the ones they make up are a whole lot more funny that the 'real' ones. :-) Great picture the the bright red tongue.