Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bowl-a-rama extravaganza

One of Emma's little friends from school had a birthday party this afternoon. Thankfully, it WASN'T at Chuck E. Cheese...it was at a local bowling alley. So Emma got her first bowling experience. Here she is all decked out in her multi-colored clown bowling shoes, ready to hit the lanes.


Considering it was her first time, she did pretty well and really loved it. Of course, I held my breath everytime she lifted up her 8-pound bowling ball (bright pink). I was so sure she was going to drop it on her foot or some other kid's head. But that never happened. Here's my pint-sized Dick Weber and her friend Pacey watching their bowling ball S-L-O-W-L-Y make its way down the lane...


The most pins Emma knocked down on one throw was seven. I think that's pretty good. But then, I once bowled an eight...and I'm not talking about when I was a child. Another time, when I was an adult, I went bowling with my eight-year-old nephew and he creamed me. And, oh yeah, he had a broken leg at the time.

But I digress...here's Emma with her friends Logan, Macie and Pacey, and one of her with the birthday boy, Christopher...




We had such a good time that I think we can safely add bowling to our list of things to do when the weather isn't ideal for outside activities. Of course, it will be a little embarrassing if my five-year-old beats me at bowling! A real possibility, trust me!

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

did the kids use the side rails? I love those things! lol

Adorable pictures. I had sweet pea's birthday party at a bowling rink -hhmm...is rink the right word? We used to bowl when it was too cold to do anything else, aka all winter :)

Kim said...

How fun...
Emma looks like she had a blast..
Great pictures..
Have a Great Sunday.
Kim