Sunday, August 26, 2007

Crazy Saturday

I think I've mentioned before that, when it comes to our social life, it always seems to be feast or famine. We either have a long weekend ahead of us with absolutely nothing to do, or we're booked from sun up to sun down. Well, yesterday was definitely one of our feast days. We left the house at 10 am and didn't get back until almost 8 pm.

First we went over to Emma's friend Helen's house because we hadn't seen them in awhile. The girls played out in the back yard for a little over an hour. Then we went shopping at Macy's for about an hour because they were having a big sale and I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket. I bought a few things for myself, including one of those baby doll tops that are suddenly all the rage. It really is kind of stupid that I lose a lot of weight and then go out and buy a shirt that makes me look six months pregnant. Oh well. And I bought Emma a couple of new dresses, one of which she insisted on wearing out of the store.

From Macy's, we headed over to Macie's...Emma's friend Macie, that is, who was having her 5th birthday party. I have to say, it was one of the nicest birthday parties we've been to. For one thing, there were just three little girls invited, which was lovely. I don't know if I can take another party where there are 25 screaming kids running around like maniacs. This was perfect because all four girls are great friends and know and love each other. Here are Pacey, Emma and Macie...


And here are the girls, along with Logan, clowning around with their ice cream cones...


After the party, and a quick clothes change for Emma, we raced across town to a park and met our friends Kay and Jenna. We haven't seen them in awhile and Kay had recently had some surgery, so I wanted to see how she was doing (fine). The girls ran around the park for about 90 minutes while Kay and I caught up on things.

By now, it was 7 o'clock and Emma and I hadn't even had dinner. On the way home, we stopped at McDonald's (YUM!!! Mommy's favorite place!) Snapped this picture of Emma chowing down...


Then it was back home for a quick bath and I put a very tired girl to bed. Even though I was pooped, I stayed up late to watch my Netflix movie "Hot Fuzz" which I have to say was pretty hilarious.

We have a much less hectic day on tap today...Sunday school and church and then some grocery shopping and house cleaning (or chores, as Emma calls them.) Less fun, but we definitely could use a more laid back day.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Day...
Have a Great Sunday..
Kim

C's Mom said...

Fabulous pictures of happy girls. Emma is growing so quickly.

Special K said...

Love Emma's new dress. That girl just gets more and more beautiful. Really...she does.

Calico Sky said...

small birthday parties are the best!

have a good "chore day" lol

Lisa and Tate said...

What a perfect day! Times spent with friends and great food. Got to love the McD and ice cream!!

Lisa

RamblingMother said...

I just love her hair. She is adorable. Small bday parties are always best and I have to remember that for Glenys next year.