Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another #*@% snow day!

We are home from school again today because we got hit with a ice/snow storm overnight - it's still sleeting out now. I think this is our fifth snow day this winter. These kids are going to be in school until July if this keeps up. Have I mentioned lately how totally and completely sick of winter I am? Oh yeah, I think I brought it up on my last post. Well, I'm even more sick of it now!

Anyway, I think this is not going to be one of those snow days where the snow stops and the sun comes out and you get to take your child out to lunch and to Target by afternoon. We are going to be stuck inside all day because of the ice. The weather forecasters (who I personally blame for this horrible winter we're having) are saying don't go anywhere unless you absolutely have to.

We did go outside for a bit this morning to chip away at the ice, to little avail. Here's my little snow princess helping shovel...


Well, I'm going to make a big pot of my homemade baked potato soup...definitely NOT low-cal, but delicious on a day like today. Hope you're warm and dry where ever you are!

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Ah shucks... sorry for the snow and ice! I think that a trip to sunny Florida is in order. Oh to dream!

Lisa

C's Mom said...

Yep, I'm over it with winter too. Enough already..bring me some spring.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the snow...
I don't live where there is snow.. don't like it..
but it is kind of chilly here in Sunny AZ.
Hope it gets better..
Love the picture of Emma..