Sunday, February 17, 2008

Emma's 6th birthday party

Although Emma's birthday isn't until next Sunday, we had her 6th birthday party yesterday. I kind of like having her party the weekend before so we can have a more low-key celebration with just the two of us on her actual birthday.

I had been promising Emma for like a year that she could go to Libby Lu for a makeover before her birthday party, so off we went. Here is Emma, pre-makeover:


And her she is post-makeover:


I'm happy she went for the princess makeover, rather than the rock star makeover, which was what most of the little girls at Libby Lu were getting that morning. The girl that did Emma's makeover went light on the makeup and did a cute job with her hair. Emma was just in heaven, so I was happy too.

Anyway, we had her party at this really cute ceramics place. All the girls got to pick out a piece to paint, and I'm telling you, you've never heard a quieter birthday party! Here are the kids hard at work:


After about an hour of painting, we had cake and Emma opened her presents:


She got a lot of horsie stuff and art and crafts things, so she was excited. We managed to get all the girls corralled for a group picture before the party was over:


It was such a nice party and I think everyone had a good time. Sometimes kids parties can be so chaotic and everyone gets so wired. This was the antithesis of that. I'm happy we ended up having it at this place.

On the down side, we were supposed to get up early this morning and meet my parents and niece D.J. in St. Louis to celebrate Emma and D.J.'s birthdays (they share a birthday, which is cool.) Unfortunately, we got socked with yet another snowstorm last night and this morning and traveling was out of the question. Everyone involved is really bummed about it. I am so thoroughly sick of winter but there's no end in sight. The forecasters are talking about the possibility of two more winter storms this week alone.

WHEN IS SPRING COMING?!!!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Happy 6th Birthday Emma!!!!
Emma looks soooo pretty...
LOVE IT!!!
I just love those ceramic places.... Looks like all the girls had a lot of fun...
Have a Great Sunday..

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy birthday Emma! Love the princess look! Soon it will be spring!!

kitchu said...

I'm so glad the party went so well, I'll have to remember doing a craft thing- sounds like a perfect way to celebrate without chaos!!

Sorry about the snowstorm. I don't know how you guys manage. I could never live in the north again!

RamblingMother said...

Great party. I don't think we have a libby lu here but I think for a 4 year old party that may be just the thing.

Beverly

Ashley Winters said...

Happy Birthday Emma! What a pretty little girl. I'm with you on wanting spring to come. It's been a long, cold winter.

Sophie's Mom said...

What a beautiful birthday princess! I wish we had a place like that around here, Sophia would love, love, love it!

Looks like she had a wonderful birthday celebration!

Super Mommy said...

She looks beautiful! Happy Birthday Emma!! -Nancy

Super Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

Happy Birthday a little early Emma!!! Libby Lu - you are a good mother! Jordan is begging me to have her party there when she is 7 (since I've already told her no for her 6th b-day).

I hope warm weather arrives soon!

Global Girl said...

Happy birthday sweet Emma!

C's Mom said...

That looks like a great party.

Happy Birthday to Emma!

Abby's Mom said...

What a beautiful Birthday Girl! Happy Birthday Emma!