Thursday, February 14, 2008

My new toy

Last week, I had my income taxes done and I'm getting a slightly bigger refund from the IRS this year (YES!) Most of it is going into savings, but I decided to buy myself a little present since I'm such a fabulous person (HAHA!) Although my little point-and-shoot digital camera has served us well, I've been dreaming about buying a great digital SLR for some time now. So this week, I finally took the plunge and am now the owner of this little beauty:

Yes, my friends, the Canon XTI with 10.2 megapixels of pure enjoyment. UPS delivered it last night and, of course, I didn't have a memory card that fit it. But I bought one today and here is the very first picture I took with the new camera:


Well, who did you think it was going to be?! Seriously, I think I'm going to love this camera. I know it will take me awhile to figure out all the bells and whistles and how to take great pictures without just setting the thing on automatic. And I'm already scouting out additional lenses and flashes, etc. But for now, I'm just so happy snapping away with my new toy. More pictures to come...you can count on that!

12 comments:

Sara said...

What a fun new toy!! I'll be looking forward to your pics. :-)

Kim said...

You'll LOVE it..
We love our Big Digital Canon..
IT is AMAZING..
Great BUY..
And great picture...
Emma is beautiful..
Have a Great Weekend..

Sophie's Mom said...

Great camera, and very nice first picture!!! Can't wait to see what you can do with it.

Eliza2006 said...

Even though all of my bigger-than-expected return should go into savings, I'm thinking of doing the same thing!

Tiffany

polkadot said...

beautiful! so jealous.

RamblingMother said...

You will truly love your camera. that is great. I love my Cannon Rebel XLT too.

Beverly

Super Mommy said...

Hehehe . . . I bought myself one for Christmas - I love it - I'm sure you will too! Emma looks radiant as usual! Nancy

missy said...

I have that camera and you are going to LOVE it! Even if you don't figure out all the bells and whistles, you can still take amazing shots. How could you not with a subject as gorgeous as your little one! Is she from Guangdong? She looks SO much like Paige's friend from Guangdong.

Lisa and Tate said...

Emma is such an amazingly gorgeous subject.... whether it is point and shoot and shoot or fancy!!! I think I have camera envy!!! Happy picture taking!

Anonymous said...

YEA! I can't believe how many people have bought new slr's lately, but I think this is the perfect present for yourself, you will never regret it and I can't wait to see all your new pictures!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

We need a camera that takes great pictures - looks like you found one! Any more reviews on what you like or don't like about it? We need to buy one... our compact digital camera doesn't take quality pictures...

She is beautiful!!!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Caroline said...

So jealous of your new camera!!!!