Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

...to all the moms and moms-to-be out there!

Emma and I spent most of the day at a beautiful botanical garden about 30 miles from here. We had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch (I will no doubt dream about the fresh berry tart tonight!) And then wandered around the gardens and nature trails for several hours. Here are a couple of photos...



I know Mother's Day is a day when you're supposed to appreciate your mom, and heaven knows God was smiling on me when he gave me my mother. She is the biggest influence on my life and my best friend in the world. But this day also reminds me of how incredibly fortunate I am to get the opportunity to be a mother too. It certainly wouldn't have seemed in the cards ten years ago...but somehow it all worked out and it's the most magical thing that could have ever happened to me. Through the grace of God, I get to parent this incredible little girl...which, hopefully, I won't screw up!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day...
Sounds like a Wonderful Day...
HUGS girly..

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy Mommas day.... Ms Emma is a lucky girl to have such a great MOMMA and G'momma.

Eliza2006 said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Happy Mother's day! I think you are doing a great job! Those are lovely pics too!

Tiffany

RamblingMother said...

And if you do, there is always therapy, LOL!! Happy belated mother's day.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely beaitiful, and the pictures from mother's day are amazing. I am so glad I found your blog.

Have a wonderful day,

Krista

Julia said...

Oh my goodness - that first picture especially takes my breath away - what a beauty! And you're right, we're all very lucky mom's aren't we!