Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Aquamarine

Emma's latest obsession is the movie Aquamarine. She watched part of it when we were at a friend's house last week and I finally rented it from Netflix so she could watch the whole thing.

It's a pretty harmless movie about a mermaid who lands in a swimming pool, becomes friends with two girls and has to find true love. It's really aimed at the preteen crowd, of which apparently Emma now considers herself a member. Her new favorite role-playing game is "Pretend I'm Aquamarine and you're Raven." I'm actually supposed to pretend I'm RAYMOND - the hunky boy in Aquamarine - but that name is unfamiliar to Emma, so she just substitutes Raven, because she's heard of the Disney Channel program "That's so Raven."

I always have to be the boy in these pretend games...it's "pretend I'm Liesel and you're Rolf", "pretend you're Troy and I'm Gabriella", "pretend I'm Ariel and you're Prince Eric", "pretend I'm Annaliese and you're Julian." I could go on and on. It would be nice to get to be the girl just once. Sigh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading Emma's love of Aquamarine, I added it to our Netflix queue for Kylie. What was I thinking? ;) Don't get me wrong, she LOVES it. However, it's the only thing she'll watch. We've literally seen it 15 times!! I told Kylie we need to send it back to Netflix tomorrow so another little girl can experience the wonder of Aqua and her blue hair. - Val

Donna said...

Whoops, sorry about that! I finally broke down and bought it, so we've watched it like 20 times. Don't get Kylie hooked on High School Musical...that's even WORSE!