Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our 4th of July

We had a pretty laid back holiday...we spent a good part of the morning scouting out booster seats for Emma. Although she weighs just 28 pounds, she has outgrown her car seat height-wise. I can't believe how rusty I am when it comes to buying baby gear! During the long wait, I spent countless hours researching and shopping for strollers, car seats, high chairs, play yards, cribs, etc. But I haven't done much since acquiring all those essential items. So I spent a couple hours Monday on the web looking at ratings and prices for booster seats and then we hit Target, Walmart and Babies R Us looking at seats and trying them out. No purchase was made, but I'm close to deciding what we're getting.

Since it was almost unbearably hot on Tuesday, we, of course, decided to go to the zoo in the middle of the afternoon (I find the zoo is truly enjoyable only when it's 90 degrees-plus with 95% humidity!) But we had a pretty decent time. The zoo had reopened the pony rides and much to our delight, Emma's favorite pony Dustin was there. Emma first rode Dustin when she was about 15 months old (he looked like a friggin' Clydesdale the first time she was on him) and has probably ridden him 20 times since. I worry because Dustin is like 20 years old and I always wonder if he's gone to horsey heaven during the winter months. But he was there on Tuesday and Emma rode him a couple of times...


We trudged around the zoo for a couple of hours, stopping for awhile so Emma could eat the world's most obscenely big popsicle...she ate this entire thing!


Anyway, we had a good time despite the heat...one of us fell asleep in the car on the way home (unfortunately, it didn't get to be me.) We were too pooped to go to any fireworks, so we conked out pretty early. Not our most memorable 4th, but I can't complain about spending the day with my girl...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm leaning toward the Compass booster seat myself. It's either that or the Turbobooster. I, too, was out looking for seats. Jordan hit the magcial 38" mark according to the doctor - so I cheered that I could get her a booster and "baby sister" can have her old car seat (which looks pretty darn good for 3.5 years of use).