Sunday, July 02, 2006

Emma the aquatic star

Emma and I spent much of the weekend at the pool, which is nothing new. However, what IS new is what pool we've been hanging out in. Although we've ventured into the big pool a few times, the vast majority of our time has been spent in the kids' pool. But Emma decided this weekend, out of the blue, that at age 4, she's too big for the kids' pool and wanted to stay in the big pool. So yesterday and today, we stayed exclusively in the big pool. Emma's not the most adventurous child, so imagine my surprise when she wanted to stand on the side of the pool and hurl herself in my general direction to be caught. She also started putting her head under water.

I'm proud that she's gotten so comfortable in the water. But to be honest, I don't think going to the pool is going to be the relaxing experience it has in the past. Trust me, it's much more calming to sit in a pool chair reading People magazine while your daughter splashes in 9 inches of water than it is to have your child leap from the side of the pool 37 times in a row! I was pretty tired when we got back this afternoon.

Anyway, I didn't bring the camera, so no pictures of Emma's new diving form in the pool. I did take a photo on Friday of her on her scooter at bike day at her school. So that will have to do for now...cheers!

No comments: