Sunday, July 23, 2006

The social whirl

Emma got invited to two pool parties this week...we were only able to make it to one of them. Frankly, it's a little depressing that at the age of four, Emma has already been invited to more parties than I have over my entire lifetime. Anyway, Emma's classmate Grace turned four, so we went to her soiree on Saturday morning. Grace and her older sister Frances are beautiful and sweet girls and Emma had a great time at the party, even though it ended up being a little cool for the pool. I don't think anyone lasted longer than an hour in the water...it was just too breezy.


Good lord, after looking at this photo, I realized what an atrocious job I did trimming Emma's bangs the other day. I'm no better at cutting hair now than I was at age six, when I gave my sister Jody the hatchet job of all time. Well, I'd better get out the scissors again and try to repair the damage (to Emma...Jody's hair grew out quite a while ago.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is great. I love seeing the fun things you and Emma get to do. And, I must admit, the commentary is the greatest. : ) Talk to you soon. --Val