Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow Day

Like a lot of the country, winter weather has hit here with a vengence. We had an ice storm last night and we're supposed to get like a foot of snow this afternoon and this evening. YUCK! I'm not ready for winter. Emma is thrilled, of course, because school was cancelled today because of the ice and, if the forecasters are to be believed, will be closed tomorrow because of heavy snow.

We managed a quick run to Target and McDonald's in between the ice and the snow. And we spent this afternoon decorating the Christmas tree...

It's been a tiring day for both of us and Emma is taking one of her rare naps (that don't involve a moving car) right now. So a little peace and quiet for mom...I think I'll read for awhile and pick up the house a little before the next round of shoveling and entertaining Emma.

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Still snow free here....I wonder how much longer?

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

We had snow this week and I live in the desert. I think it is so beautiful. Emma is so beautiful.

Calico Sky said...

What fun!!! I love the decoration and her shirt is adorable!