Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chuck E. Cheese post mortem

So after yesterday, I can offer one piece of sage advice to moms and moms-to-be...no matter how much your child begs, if they want to have a party at Chuck E. Cheese...DON'T DO IT!!!

I guess I'm being a little dramatic...the party was far from a disaster. The kids had an absolute blast and that's what's important. I just thought it was horrible. Not because of the noise and chaos...more that they have one party after another scheduled and you're rushed so quickly from playing, to eating, to cake, to unwrapping presents...you don't have time to enjoy anything. But as I said, Emma and her friends had a good time. Here are some pics:

Here is the birthday girl!


Here's Emma, Emme and Lola goofing around in front of the blue screen tv thing...I think this was the hit of the party....


And here is as close to a group picture as I could get...


Behind Emma are her friends Maci, Emme, Lola, Jasmine and Helen. Missing in action are Jia and Jenna.

After the party, we had to rush to our monthly China girls playgroup, which seemed rather tranquil compared to Chuck E. Cheese. We staggered home at 7:30...Emma was in bed by 8 and I hit the sack at 8:45. Emma's now playing happily with all the groovy gifts she got from her friends. We need to start getting ready for church shortly. Thank goodness tomorrow's a holiday and we can chill out for another day.

5 comments:

kitchu said...

I'm glad they all had fun, but will definitely remember the advice! I saw a party at Build A Bear a couple of weeks ago, and it looked like it was going really well... I'll have to keep that in mind. Your daughter is SO beautiful, the pics are great!
Kris

C's Mom said...

I love the pic of Emma and her friends! They all look very happy with the pizza rodent ;0)

Calico Sky said...

And you certainly deserve to 'chill out'!!!

So glad to hear that Emma had a great party!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! Jordan is already trying to plan her 5th birthday party and wanted to know why boys wouldn't want to come to Luby Lu - hah! I think she knows better than to mention Chuck E. Cheese in front of me!

Unknown said...

One big tip for Chuck E Cheese parties - book them on a week day/night instead of the weekend. I've done several now on a Thursday, and have had NO competition whatsoever. Plenty of time to enjoy ourselves without having someone breathing down our necks! Also, if you book a week day/night party online, they usually throw in some extra tokens, etc.