Sunday, February 04, 2007

Greetings from the deep freeze

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted anything...I'm convinced it's because it's too cold to do anything requiring any energy. We've had more than two straight weeks with the temperatures below 30 degrees. Yesterday, the high was 7, but with the wind chill, it was like -15.

Of course, since it was practically sub-zero, we had a million things to do...gymnastics, a birthday party and then we went with some friends to see Sesame Street Live. Although Emma has never been a Sesame Street fan, she really enjoyed it. For me, it was the longest 90 minutes of my life! I've had a good time at some of the kids' shows we've seen...Dora the Explorer, Clifford and Disney Princesses on Ice come to mind. But this was mind-boggling dull to me. But the tickets were free, and as I said, Emma liked it - and loved getting cotton candy - so it was worth it.

Other than that..nothing much happening except trying to stay warm. Emma started to get a runny nose yesterday and woke up with a cold this morning. Hopefully it will be a mild one...it seems everyone here now has a cold or the flu. I can't wait until spring!

Anyway, here's a funny picture I took of Emma at the birthday party...my little goofy girl!

7 comments:

Special K said...

Love the shades! It's freezing here in Ohio too. Right now I just looked at the Weather Channel ...it's 3 degrees with -18 wind chill. And that's why I'm staying inside in my jammies and warm socks today.

Hope Emma gets over her cold soon. I hate having a runny nose.

C's Mom said...

That girl is a diva ;0)

My poor kid...no circus with mom because she has a freaksih aversion to clowns. I CAN do Sesame Street but I gotta tell ya, I always thought it looked like they needed a street cleaner. I hardly ever watched. I was an 'Electric Company' kinda girl ;0)

Eliza2006 said...

Missed your posts this week! Love the glasses!

Tiffany

Christi and Abbey said...

so cute!!!
Stay warm.
I hate to say it but it was like summer here today, in the 80's and we were loving it.

Julia said...

Those glasses are adorable on her, I wish I could get away with wearing pink heart classes too!

Hey - can you email me when you get a chance, I have a question. :-)

Sara said...

Emma is soooo cute in her hot pink glasses! Stay warm!!

Calico Sky said...

She is so cute and great with the camera!