Sunday, January 28, 2007

Our crazy day

So here was our day on Saturday:

Leave house at 9:30 to go to Emma's gymnastic lessons.
Rush from gymnastic lessons to get to Emma's friend Emme's birthday party at Libby Lu (more on that later)
After two-hour party, go with some of the party people to eat at Rainforest Cafe because everyone is starving.
After almost two hours at Rainforest, rush across town to make it in time for our monthly playgroup with Emma's Chinese friends.
After playgroup, a bunch of us go out to eat at local Mexican restaurant.
Get home at 7:30 p.m.
Go to bed at 8:30 p.m. exhausted.

A long day, to say the least, but fun.

Okay, the birthday party at Libby Lu. For those of you unfamiliar with Libby Lu...it's like they stuffed 500 princesses into a store and it exploded. If you have a girl into princess and girly girl stuff, it's heaven. In addition to the rows of little girl makeup, crowns, glitter, jewelry and hair accoutrements, you can book birthday parties where the guests can get makeovers. So Emma's friend Emme had her party there yesterday and let me tell you, these girls were on cloud nine. First you get to decide if you want to be a princess or a rock star (guess which one our girl picked!) Then you had your makeup done and your hair done. Here's what Emma looked like when her makeover was complete:


And here's a picture of Emma with Emme (who went for the rock star look)


I didn't mind this whole thing too much because they went really easy on the makeup and they did such an incredible job on Emma's hair...it was so cute (if you click on the picture of Emma and Emme, you can see upclose how wonderful Emma's hair looked,) I have to tell you, when I saw her after they got done working on her, I actually got tears in my eyes. I have always thought Emma was just about the cutest girl on the planet. But when I saw her like this, I got a glimpse into the future of what a beautiful young woman she was going to be. Probably way too soon for me.

But when we got home last night, it was into the tub to scrub off the makeup and the hair glitter. So I've got my little 4-year-old girl back now.

Today it's church and we're hooking up with our friends Dana and Jia this afternoon. When I'm going to clean the house, do laundry and go grocery shopping is up in the air.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend!

7 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Thank you for such a wonderful glimpse into your life. How simply wonderful :-)

C's Mom said...

How fun is that! That is like girly-girl heaven.

Special K said...

We don't have those places here. But boy would my niece love it. What fun!

Emma looks gorgeous! With or without the make-up and hairdo. She's a beautiful girl.

Joannah said...

That sounds like a great birthday party. I know when I was a little girl, my sister, our cousins, and I just loved playing dress up. Mom usually wouldn't let us use make up, but we had a good assortment of old dresses, shoes, and hats to play with and the fantasy play was so much fun! It's fun to be a girl! ;-)

Eliza2006 said...

What a fun party (and a busy day!)! I've never heard of Libby Lu. I don't think they have one around here. Emma really is a beautiful child!!!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna! I was just bragging to Wardell about how cool your website is, so we logged in to check it out. You guys have sure been busy since our last visit! You are such an awesome mom, definitely inspirational to me. You two have such a special life together. I don't know when you have time to do all that you do - especially keep up this cool site - but you're my hero! :-) We'll have to get the kids together again sometime - that is, if you guys can fit us in!! :-) Take care! Lisa (41 and almost a half!)

TBG Happenings said...

We love club libby lu! My 10 year old had her party there with her cousins ages 5-11 and they all had a great time!

It's great to be a girl!

Maryellen