Monday, January 15, 2007

Still shut in...

...but appears the storm is finally coming to an end. After 48 straight hours of sleet, the precipitation has turned to snow and should be ending soon. Hopefully we can dig out later today and get to the grocery store at least!

We've been entertaining ourselves fairly well. It helped that Emma took at 2.5 hour nap yesterday...that makes a tremendous difference in how the day goes. Last night, we decided to make a fort with the clothes basket and Emma's khakis (blankets!)


Emma also got her first introduction to the IPod...I've never let her use mine because I didn't want to start her on the road to hearing impairment so soon. But I turned the volume down low and loaded some of her favorites, like Hilary Duff, Laurie Berkner and Dora - and she listened for quite awhile...


So I guess we're going to make it out of this mess with our sanity in tact. However, I do think we're going to take a break from playing Go Fish and Crazy Eights for awhile...I swear, we've played about a hundred games of cards over the past two days!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Oh ladies - I hope you get outta there...and fast!

You've both made it through sanity intact but enough already. I would be screaming for open daylight at this point :0)

Calico Sky said...

sounds like you have managed to have a blast! lol
Um Donna, I keep looking at the picture of Emma's head in the basket, where is the rest of her?? It looks like she is in the floor??? I am so confused!!! lol

Special K said...

You guys really must be stir crazy by now! We've just had a ton of rain here. In fact, I stayed home in my pj's all day Sunday it was so nasty out. Plus I'm making sure to enjoy these quiet, peaceful days while I still can. :)