Monday, January 08, 2007

Mommy Einstein

It was a fairly nice winter day on Sunday, so Emma and I headed to the park to get some exercise. We were hiking around the park and there was a huge pine tree with scads of pine cones underneath. Emma walked around the tree, picking the biggest and best pine cones. We put them in a plastic bag, along with a few acorns. I suggested that maybe we could buy some glittery spray paint and little sparkly jewels and decorate them. Emma's eyes got really big and she said "Mommy, that is SUCH a great idea!"

So we went to Michael's and spent $12 on spray paint and glue-on jewels to decorate a few pine cones. But hey...your kid thinking you're a genius...priceless.

I'll have to remember this day ten years from now, when everything I say to Emma will be greeted with a roll of her eyes to show what a total idiot she thinks I am!

4 comments:

Special K said...

OMG! That's so cute!

That's such a good age. They're just hilarious. My niece said to me the other day when the 1 yr old she was helping to walk fell on her bottom and started crying "That just really freaked me out!"
Where do 4 yr olds get this stuff?

C's Mom said...

Good move, mama! Have fun before it gets 'uncool'

Christi and Abbey said...

It's funny because it totally sounds like a Liz Taylor idea with all the glitter. No wonder it went over so well : )

Calico Sky said...

I was hoping there would be an Emma picture!
She is tooo adorable!!!!