Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snowmen and angels

The last thing we really needed after last week's ice storm was six inches of snow. But that's what we got last night. It was that heavy, wet snow that is a nightmare to shovel. I spent an hour this morning shoveling out our driveway - it will be a miracle if my back doesn't totally spaz out, which tends to happen when I overdo things.

On the positive side, heavy, wet snow is the most fun to play in. So this afternoon Emma and I headed outside to the frolic in the winter wonderland. First, we made angels in the snow - which actually isn't all that easy in the heavy stuff. But it was still fun...


Then we attempted to build Emma's first snowman. It has been forever since I've built a snowman, and I'm telling you, it isn't as easy as I remember! But we managed to mold together a sad, pathetic-looking snow creature that in some ways resembles a man...


I swear, Emma is crouching down in a futile effort to make our snowman look bigger. Anyway, we had fun and I'm sure we will both sleep like logs tonight.

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

What fun...I think Emma rocked out on the snow man. Good one!

Wow, I can't wait to do that with my girl!

Joannah said...

The snow is beautiful and I think your snowman has a lot of character!

Eliza2006 said...

Boy, you deserve the mother of the year award! Shoveling the walks, snow angels and a snow man? Way to go!!!! Sleep well!

Tiffany

Sara said...

Looks like fun! I hope your back holds up. :-)

Calico Sky said...

How wonderful! I love your snowman...

Your pictures made my day!

Candy said...

Your daughter is a DOLL....Oh my gosh what a little beauty...just found your blog tonight. Hugs Candy and Kya Blu