Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cabin fever

Ugh...like much of the Midwest, we are in the middle of a winter storm. It's that lovely "wintery mix" of sleet, freezing rain and snow that makes life miserable. It started yesterday afternoon with a nasty sleet storm. Emma's school closed at noon so I went to get her and we made it home by 1 p.m.

Now please don't misunderstand...I love spending time with my daughter. We never seem to have enough time together really. However, the prospect of being stuck inside with a 4-year-old for three straight days (which is how long this storm is supposed to last) would fill most parents with dread. By 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon, I was getting weary of hearing "Mommy, play with me" and "Mommy, I'm bored" and "Mommy, can we GO somewhere?" And we probably had at least two more days of this!

Fortunately, the relentless pelting of ice and snow let up for a couple of hours late this morning and we ran out to Target and met some friends for lunch. But then it started up again and it's back to the house (with the walls slowly closing in...) It's not that Emma and I can't entertain ourselves...we can - but not for 12 straight friggin' hours! We are just used to being on the go a lot, I guess. Anyway...here are some pictures from our lovely weekend so far...as you can see, being stuck inside has made Emma a bit goofy too.

I convinced her to try on her new swim suit (see yesterday's post) - I think she likes it!


Later, I let her pick out whatever she wanted to wear - since it appeared we weren't going to be going anywhere. This is the ensemble she came up with...


I think she thought the diaphanous pink skirt, the fur-trimmed pink sweater and the pink Crocs went together because they are all pink.

Finally, I think this kind of sums up our mental state right now...


We're going a little crazy!

6 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

So cute! Love the swim suit. I'm finished with cold weather too! I think the high was 18 degrees today. I don't mind the cold, but 18 is a little extreme. Bring on the spring weather!!!

Tiffany

C's Mom said...

Oh wow! i hope you get out soon. Just depressing rain here.

Gotta say I lurves that swimsuit. Ms. Emma is quite the eager model. Oh, yeah, I actually like her pink gig she put together!

Lisa said...

The leggings, I recognize them!! Loved catching up on your blog :-)
Lisa
(hello-sweet-emma.blogspot.com)

Calico Sky said...

Adorable!
lol just think right now I love nothing more than spending a day at home watching Anne of Green Gables or Road To Avonlea looks like that will be changing! Mommyhood 101!
Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Joannah said...

Cute pictures! How about some scrapbooking? Movies? Baking? Napping?

Good luck, Donna!

Lisa and Tate said...

It looks like you guys are making the best of being house bound!!! Love the beach wear and styling self dressing!!! In my world, CROCs go with everything!!!

Good luck getting out of the house soon!!!

Lisa