Monday, February 19, 2007

A happy President's Day

Emma and I had such a nice day together today. Which is a good thing, since our day yesterday was less-than-perfect. I think we both had birthday party hangovers or something, because she was whiny all day and, at one point late in the day, I practically screamed at her for asking me repeatedly to turn on the tv. It was one of those days where you lie in bed and think about what a horrible parent you are.

Anyway, we started fresh today. It helped matters immensely that, after weeks and weeks of high temperatures in the teens, it was inexplicably 50 degrees today. We felt like putting on our swimsuits and hitting the pool. But instead, we headed to our favorite park to take a walk and feed the ducks. Of course, it never occured to Mommy Einstein that after weeks of below-freezing temps, the lake would be frozen over and the ducks would have headed to a warmer climate (probably northern Canada.) There were no duckies to feed, so Emma threw the bread on the frozen lake instead...


After walking more than a mile around the park, we headed to the local outdoor shopping area where we did a lot of window shopping and then ate dinner at Panera. My vegetarian chili and Emma's wild rice soup hit the spot...


Then back home for a bath and early bedtime for her and I'll no doubt hit the sack right after "24." Ugh, back to work and school tomorrow. But I'm glad my girl and I ended the weekend on a positive note...I felt so crummy after Sunday. Sometimes you just worry that what comes out of your mouth is going to scar your kid for life. But even after a bad day, Emma always seems happy to see me the next morning.

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Emma, as always, looks like a million bucks and so does that soup YUM! ;0)

Calico Sky said...

Unconditional love on both sides!!
I remember one of the best pieces of wisdom I received when I questioned whether I was doing enough was....
'good enough'
I think you and Emma are just PERFECT for each other :)

That soup looks delicious!

Eliza2006 said...

I love Emma's pose! What a cutie. Don't you wish you could have a do-over some days? I miss Panera. We don't have one in Utah.