Friday, February 16, 2007

Sleepover

For long time readers of this blog (I think there are like two of you), you might recall that last October, Emma went to her first sleepover at her friend Lola's house. It was the first time in our life together that we had ever been apart. Emma had a blast and didn't seem traumatized at all (sigh!)

Anyway, tonight Emma is HOSTING her first sleepover, with Lola as her guest. When Lola's mom dropped her off, the two girls were so excited, they practically hypered themselves into a total frenzy. They've settled down a bit, but I'm sure there's no way these two will be asleep before nine...we'll see how it goes. Here are some pics of the two happy girls...




Tomorrow it's Emma's 5th birthday party (although she doesn't turn 5 until next week.) I'll give you a full report tomorrow on how the soiree went at that little place I like to think of as hell on earth...Chuck E. Cheese!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Those girls are BOTH cutie pies. I just can't believe it was October she had her sleepover. If I would have had to guess I would have said last month.

Good luck passing through the gates of hell.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the girls are having a blast! they are so cute.
Hope Emma´s birthdayparty is also a big success.
Hanne from Denmark

I´m sure there are more than one person besides me, who follow your blog on a regular basis.

Special K said...

Well, there seems to be at least three of us ... hee hee

What fun! Little girl sleepovers. Have fun at Chuck E Cheese. I think I may be there before the end of the month. I've heard the almost 7 yr old nephew wants to pick that place for his special birthday dinner. Yikes!

Joannah said...

There should be a medal for parents who endure CEC for their kids!

I used to work with a young guy who shared his birthday with a younger sibling. He said his younger brother wanted to celebrate their birthdays at CEC and would we all like to come and hang out with them? So, we went and we were totally surprise that his younger brother was also an ADULT! These two big boys wanted to play at CEC on their birthday. Too funny! I'll bet the cheap pizza and beer were at least some of the attraction.

Have a fun weekend with the Birthday Girl!

Calico Sky said...

Chuck E Cheese = great place as a kid, a NOT so great place as an adult!
I remember when I first went back (as an adult) being so confused as to why it wasn't so nice anymore, how it had deteriorated etc. Suddenly dawned on me, 'it was probably always this bad!' lol

Adorable two little ones. Hope you got some sleep.
Enjoy the party!!!

Christi and Abbey said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Five seems so big and special. I cannot believe you are doing CEC, praying that you will still be with us this time tomorrow. There is really nothing like it...but the kids sure do love it.