Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mommy - Ace Sports Photographer (NOT!)

At risk of sounding egotistical, my skills as a photographer have improved vastly since having a child. I think over the past four years, as I've taken hundreds if not thousands of pictures of Emma, I've learned a lot about what makes a decent photo. However, I have to say that I have developed little skill in taking photos of a moving child. It is so hard to capture someone in motion...as I discovered today at Emma's gymnastics class. I tried and tried to get some good photos of her in action, but I'm not happy with any of them.

That said, here are the best of the pathetic bunch (after seeing them, I'm sure you'll be thinking "These are the best ones? What did the duds look like?"

This morning at Emma's class, the girls got their first crack at the uneven parallel bars. I have to tell you, it's a little unnerving to see your 31 pound daughter, hanging upside down on the bars.




I did get a kind of cute shot of her working on her floor exercise...but, of course, she wasn't really moving much at the time I snapped the photo.


Ah well, practice makes perfect. Maybe I'll do better next week...

4 comments:

Joannah said...

She's the cutest gymnast!

C's Mom said...

She's workin' that cute leotard :0)

Calico Sky said...

I think they are great!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Your daughter is so cute! It looks like she is involved in a lot of fun activities.