Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Meet the newest member of our family...


It's Sami the cat! I was the owner of two cats who lived to be 19 and 20 years of age...they died two years ago, within six months of each other. Emma has wanted another kitty, but I've resisted, mainly because after 20 years, it was nice to be pet-free for awhile. But as an early birthday present, yesterday I took her to the animal shelter to pick out a cat. We played with several, but she chose this one and named her Sami. She's 4 years old, declawed, and fortunately, she has very good litter box manners! Emma adores her, almost too much. The cat is a little spooked by her because she wants to hug and hold her so much. But I'm coaching Emma to be more gentle and to give the kitty time to get used to us. Anyway, here's the one photo I have of the two of them together...


It's too early to tell, but it's possible we may have to perform a kitty exorcism on poor Sami - look at those eyes!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Awww, just like Emma, me lurves Sami the cat. I'm so glad you brought her home.

Eliza2006 said...

I have your cats twin at my house and his name is....Sam! It looks like Emma is in heaven!!!

Tiffany

elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your new addition to the family! She's a cutie! Shelter cats are the best! I hope she and Emma have lots of fun!

Joannah said...

Sami looks a lot like my sister's cat, Guido Boy!

Calico Sky said...

How wonderful for Emma!!! They make a great pair.
I had a cat very similar to that as a child, I too had those tough lessons to learn - I used to dress my cat up as a baby and try to force her into a stroller.
Poor cat!!
Enjoy!!!

Julia said...

I love my youngest dearly, you know that - but why oh why does she have to be highly allergic to cats?! I love kitties, and would get one today if it weren't for the allergies. Sami is just beautiful, I'm so glad she found her way to you.