Saturday, March 29, 2008

A big step

The reason I haven't posted anything lately is that I was in New Orleans for most of the week for a conference. Emma and I have been apart for an evening when she went to a sleep over, but never for a period of several days before. So this was a test for both of us, I think. I had to leave early Wednesday morning and didn't get back until Friday afternoon. My parents, who Emma adores, came to stay with her. Long story short, although there was a lot of missing each other, we both survived and everything went pretty smoothly. Of course, this is just a precursor to a week-long trip I have to take in May...I am NOT looking forward to that one!

Anyway, it was back to our busy weekends today...Emma's Daisy Scout troop had a field trip to a local nature conservancy, which was fun. I took a couple of pictures...



The second photo is of Emma and her best friend Emme...they have known each other since the age of one and are in the same class at school...they are just inseparable! Emme's mom and I both worry what will happen if they aren't in first grade together, which could happen, of course. Hopefully they will stay friends for a long time, because they are so cute together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second photo is just priceless. So glad you survived being apart!

Super Mommy said...

Ugh! I am not ready to leave my girls yet. You are lucky to have a great support system with your parent though . . .

My eldest is in Daisy Scouts too -it's such fun.

kitchu said...

You have such a great eye- that second photo is priceless!

Glad your time away wasn't too bad and hope May goes well!

C's Mom said...

Gotta love when a girl has friends like that!

I think those photos are great and the one of Emma's face is simply stunning.

Glad you guys made it through 'apart time'

Ashley Winters said...

Love the second photo too. Very sweet!

RamblingMother said...

I love the best friend picture. Hate you have to travel. Thankfully, my traveling never panned out and probably won't now.

Beverly

Abby's Mom said...

Wow! That is tough! I'm glad you both made it through tho.

BEAUTIFUL pictures :)