Saturday, March 15, 2008

The great Easter egg hunt

It was a cold and dreary Saturday here (I know...what a shock!) and Emma and I had a rare day with nothing specific planned. So we headed to one of those indoor edu-tainment centers that I keep thinking Emma will outgrow, but she still loves. Plus, an added attraction today was that they were having an Easter egg hunt out in the bitter cold and wind.

We got there about 90 minutes before the big egg-stravaganza. Emma, as always, heads to the face painting area first. Here she is starting to glam herself up...


She asked me to help her look like a kitty, so I did my best...


Then Emma played in the pretend grocery store, the art room, made an Easter cookie in the kitchen, on and on. Finally the masses of kids started to line up for the mad dash outside to the Easter eggs. This is like our 4th Easter egg hunt and they're all the same. Some poor group of people spends hours and hours putting candy and miniature toys in little plastic eggs and then it's an additional hour or so to hide them all over some field or garden or some place similar. Then the kids are unleashed and the whole thing is over in like 13.4 seconds.

This one was no different. Fortunately, Emma had grabbed a spot near the front of the line and while most of the kids headed in one direction, I spotted a little circle of grass with lots of eggs sitting there and steered her in that direction. She had the patch all to herself for a good ten seconds and was able to snatch up about 15 eggs. I tell you, it's total insanity out there...she was lucky! Here's a pic of her with her booty (she had made another visit to the face-painting area before the egg hunt - with mixed results, although I told her it looked fabulous).


So another Easter egg hunt over with...can't wait until next year.

Well, I have to get my princess to bed...have a good one!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Emma looks beautiful..
Glad you had a Great Day.
Have a Great Week..

kitchu said...

Love her painted face, glad she had so much fun!

And I HAVE to HAVE that HK easter basket!!

C's Mom said...

What fun! I love a good egg hunt.

BTW - Starbucks has AMAZING hot chocolate!!!