Saturday, March 22, 2008

Princesses on Ice

Today we attended yet another "on ice" production. I think, so far, we have seen Disneyland on Ice, High School Musical on Ice and Sesame Street on Ice. However, this was the really big one...Disney Princesses on Ice! We bought the tickets a couple months ago and, at the time, Emma seemed really excited about it. But her love for all things princesses has cooled a bit of late, to be replaced by an obsession of all things horses. Which is okay by me...frankly, I've been suffering from princess overload the past couple of years (although I have to admit, princesses are much cheaper than horses!)

But despite all that, we were still looking forward to the Princess on Ice thing, even if it was sort of our princess last hurrah. We went with our friends Mary and Helen...here are Emma and Helen a few minutes before show time...


I told Emma that in addition to the trash bag-sized cotton candy that we always get at these events, she could also buy one small souvenir and she chose the Minnie Mouse ears, which I'm sure will never grace her head again after we left the arena. But they were pretty darn cute.


The show was pretty good and they managed to cram most of the princesses in (Pocahantas was missing, much to the girls' dismay.) But we had fabulous seats (third row) and really had a nice time. I tend to think this will be our last "on ice' extravaganza...unless they start up a production of Hannah Montana on Ice (which wouldn't shock me!)

The rest of the day consisted of grocery shopping and going to the park for our first bike ride of the year. Emma was a bit tentative at first, but before long, she was zipping around the park...


I really think Emma is pretty close to being able to ride her bike without the training wheels. She tends to be really timid about such things, but I have a feeling this will be the summer she finally rides a two-wheeler!

1 comment:

park it said...

We are going next month - I hope it is good - we too got great seats (i was sitting with my finger on purchase the second they went on sale-I hate not being able to see). This will be our first "ice" adventure - living in FL -that is as close as I like to come to cold things!
Carol & Kimberly