Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anky's golden!

Emma and I have been completely enthralled by the Olympics...we have both thoroughly enjoyed the swimming, diving, gymnastics and beach volleyball. But the sport we have both been looking forward to the most is the equestrian competition. Unfortunately, it doesn't get a lot of coverage, but the Oxygen network has been playing the highlights every afternoon, so I've been DVR-ing it and we've been able to catch the eventing and jumping competitions.

Emma's very favorite is dressage, though, and her heroine is Anky Van Grunsven, the brilliant equestrian from the Netherlands. Emma has spent countless hours watching videos of Anky and her magnificent horse, Salinero, on You Tube.

Well, I was so thrilled that Anky came from behind to win her third consecutive Olympic gold medal in individual dressage today...I can't wait to tell Emma and watch it with her when we get home.

I'm sure this will be of interest to about zero people out there, but here is Anky and Salinero's golden performance at the Olympics today...maybe this will be Emma in 20 years? You never know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been amazing watching the Olympics with Bella. I am ready for them to be done just so I caan get to bed at a decent hour. ; )

Have a good day,

krista

RamblingMother said...

very cool so its like dancing with the horse?

Super Mommy said...

Neat - my girls are also enjoying the Olympics - their heart flutter has been gymnastics.

Dreams do come true - if it's Emma's desire - I'm sure she can compete one day!

Kate said...

I enjoyed watching the equestrian events too! I know nothing about the scoring...but it is still like watching poetry in motion! What did kind of annoy me though was the female announcer who ON EVERY RIDE would mention the precarious third jump and how the how the horse had to make a sharp turn and only had 6 or 7 strides to gain speed to jump the water. She. Mentioned. It. Every. Time. :-)

Your Emma is a beautiful girl. I am going to enjoy reading back through your blog a bit and getting t "know" you!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

missy said...

What a great sport for Emma to be involved in. I love horses. They are such gentle and elegant animals.

Hey, I saw your little model on Etsy. She looked GORGEOUS!!!