Sunday, December 31, 2006

If looks could kill...

So after a fun day together, my precious little angel decided she did NOT want to go to bed last night. The minute I mentioned that it was getting close to bedtime, her eyes filled with tears and she said in her little quivering voice "But I'm not tired and I want to stay up with you."

Before your heart melts, I should tell you that Emma is pretty good at turning the tears on and off when she wants something (or in this case, didn't want to do something.) So, despite the tears, I got her clothes off her totally limp and uncooperative body and got her nightgown on. Then it was off to the bathroom to go potty and brush our teeth. I think reality was setting in, because this is the look Emma shot me while she was sluggishly brushing her teeth...


Isn't she adorable? Anyway, upstairs to bed we went, a quick story and then lights out. Despite her protestations, Emma was asleep within seconds. And here it is, 12 hours later, and she's still asleep! I think someone was more tired than she knew.

3 comments:

Special K said...

Oh that's funny... sleepy little Emma.

Anonymous said...

That's how I reacted most night when my parents said it was bedtime! Now I can't wait to crawl into bed and catch some sleep.

C's Mom said...

Oh wow...that is quite the look of disdain!

Sleep on girl. Let's see some bright and cheery Emma get out of that bed :0)