Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Baby shower (update)

So last night, when I told Emma it was bathtime, she said she wanted to take a SHOWER instead. I'm thinking "Are you kidding me? You're four years old!" When I told her I thought she was too young to take a shower, she said "Mama, as long as I get clean, I don't think it matters whether I take a bath or a shower." Sigh...it's not easy living with the preschool debate champion of the world.

So I let her take her first shower. I stood there with the shower curtain wide open, water spraying all over the bathroom, while I tried to wash her hair and scrub her down. This is slightly less relaxing than our usual bath routine, where she plays in the tub for 30 minutes or so while I sit on the toilet (lid down) reading Entertainment Weekly magazine and chatting on the phone with my mom. I can only hope the novelty is over and we go back to baths tomorrow night!

UPDATE: Last night, when I told Emma it was bathtime, she hopped right in the tub...no mention of taking a shower. WOO-HOO! No water all over the floor and I got to catch up on all the latest show biz news!

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Hah....you may be in for it now :0)

C's Mom said...

What's Emma's email address. I have to have a talk with her about the wonders of the shower ;-) Okay, okay so that can wait a few years!