Monday, August 14, 2006

Post-vacation blues

Well, we saw my sister and her family off this morning before we headed back to work and school. We're very sad they're gone. Emma was sobbing when I dropped her off at school - she kept saying "I want to stay with you" (words that drive a knife through every mother's heart.) I'm sure she was fine once I left, but it doesn't make the week start off on a bright note.

So after four days of non-stop fun, now I'm looking at the wreckage of the things I didn't get done this week. They include:

No laundry done (I had to wear my "only-as-a-last-resort" underwear today.)

No groceries in the house (I can probably scrounge up something for dinner tonight, but after that, we're in trouble. Which means a trip to the grocery store after work on Tuesday - I don't think there's anything I love more than trudging through the grocery store after a long day at work.)

The lawn hasn't been mowed (I'm sure the neighbors love this one, especially those who have their houses on the market right now.)

Dirty house (I'm pretty sure the rug isn't supposed to crunch when you walk across it.)

I should have tried to start tackling some of these things last night when we got home, but we were both exhausted and hit the sack at 8:30. I guess I'm also a little bummed that summer is winding down...although cooler weather sounds good right now.

So anyway, I need to snap out of it and get back to the routine...sigh!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

I'm laughing about the crunchy carpet. I am SO in for a reality check.

But, bet you can't top my awful lawn pic. That WAS a nightmare and a real pain in the butt to mow. If you let it get tall enough it eventually dies ;0)

Know what you mean...I hate those 'only as a last resort' undies!

Good luck catching up!!!