Friday, August 04, 2006

Emma's school

The other day, I realized that despite practically photographing Emma's every breathing moment, I had very few pictures of her at school. During the school year, she goes to a public school here that has a Montessori preschool program (and is therefore free - YES!) In the summer, she returns to the Montessori preschool where she has gone since the age of 1 year and 1 day old. I like both schools for different reasons. She has a lot of fun at her summer school...she and her little friends are so adorable. Every day, when the parents come to pick up their kids, the girls all have to give each other big hugs - like they aren't go to see each other for ages, instead of the next day.


Another reason I really like her summer school is that the center's kindergarten teacher is this incredible single dad...all the kids are crazy about Mr. Matt, including Emma. She'll be in his class next summer, which I'm thrilled about. Being a single mom, I'm always looking for male role models for my girl, and you can't do better than him.


Emma will be at her summer school for about three more weeks, then it's back to public school. I'm always worried about the transition, but she seems to handle it well.

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Emma is stunning. Oh, how I can't wait to have my girl home!

Thanks for visiting me and I will be following along on your adventures too. Im always happy to 'meet' more single moms. I think we're a pretty nifty breed :0)