Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What we're reading now

Emma and I have just started reading the Junie B. Jones books. For the uninitiated, Junie B. Jones is a rather high-strung kindergartner with VERY definite opinions about everything. Some parents really despise these books because Junie B. can be a bit of a brat and says whatever comes into her head (her favorite word is "dumb.") I have to admit, I was a little concerned about it at first, but I don't think Emma is going to start running around calling everything "dumb" just because we're reading these books (at least I hope not!) And we've talked about how Junie B. sometimes says things and does things she shouldn't. The main thing is, Emma thinks the books are HILARIOUS (Emma's current favorite word.) We really laugh while we're reading them together in bed every night. And if it makes her laugh, I figure it's all right...

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Sounds like fun....I SO can't wait to be reading books to my girl. At this point I wouldn't care if forced to read her 'War & Peace'. I just want her here.