Thursday, August 24, 2006

Baking with Emma

I have always loved to cook...baking with my mom when I was a little girl is one of my fondest memories. So during the long wait for Emma, one of the things I dreamed about was cooking in the kitchen together when she got older. I even bought several children's cookbooks when I was still months away from referral.

I'm happy to report that Emma loves to help me cook and bake. For Christmas this past year, my sister got her an Easy Bake Oven. Naturally, it's quite impossible to overstate the joy of spending 2.5 hours using a light bulb to bake a cake the size of a hockey puck and the consistency of a sponge. Nonetheless, I think we both prefer real baking using the big oven.

Earlier tonight, Emma helped me make cupcakes to take to her school tomorrow (it's her last day there this summer.) She really did almost everything but run the mixer.


And, of course, we know the best part about baking is...LICKING THE SPOON!


It was a fun, if not a little messy, evening. I really treasure the times we do things like this together.

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Yum - what fun!

I love baking too but put it on hiatus lest I actually EAT too much of it ;0)

Catherine said...

What a great evening! Did she clean up in the bath or shower? Here's hoping for your sake she's happy with her bath for a while. :o)