Monday, August 28, 2006

First day back at school

Today was Emma's first day back at her public Montessori school, after spending all summer at her other school. I don't care how many times we make these transitions, I'm always so nervous about everything. Will she still like her teacher? Will she have good kids in her class? Will she rebel at having to wear a uniform again after a summer of wearing brightly colored dresses and shorts? She was pretty clingy when I dropped her off, but her teacher was great. I've been particularly worried because Emma's best friend at this school last year is no longer in her class. But she was happy to see her friend Quierra from last year.

I was worried all day about how she was doing and was tempted to call at one point. But I figured her teacher had her hands full on the first day and I didn't want to bother her. I did leave work a bit early to pick Emma up. She was happy to see me, but seemed to have a very good first day back. We'll do it all over again tomorrow!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

What happy little girls! Go Emma :0)