Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sweat city

Okay, it's official. I'm totally over the heat wave that has gripped our part of the country for the better part of a month now. We've had weeks of temperatures around 100, with a short two-day respite where the mercury plunged into the lower 90s. This weekend was horrible. We actually went to the zoo on Saturday with a friend and her two young boys. The kids did fairly well, but my friend and I were pretty close to being hospitalized for heat stroke by the time we left. We spent as much time as possible in the air-conditioned kids area.


Today was a little better, only because we spent it at the pool. But we did have to go to the grocery store and Target this afternoon, when it was excrutiatingly hot. I can't wait to get my electricity bill this month!

On the bright side, my sister, brother-in-law and their two kids, and my parents, are all coming for a long weekend visit. So we're really looking forward to that. Unfortunately, there's not supposed to be any break in the heat. But hopefully we can find something cool to do.

No comments: