Saturday, August 26, 2006

Proud mama

Friday was Emma's last day at her summer Montessori preschool. When we were saying goodbye, one of teachers said "Your daughter is so smart, sometimes it takes my breath away." Wow! What parent doesn't love to hear something like that?

Sure, I love it when people say Emma is cute (who wouldn't?) But the compliments that really make me glow are the ones that praise her intelligence or kindness or how well-behaved she is. Maybe it's a bit of narcissism on my part...I obviously had nothing to do with how cute she is...and I can't really take much credit for how smart she is. But the fact that she's so sweet and kind and seldom misbehaves...I'd like to think I played a small part in that.

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

More than a small part ;0)

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are a great person. It does not surprise me one bit that your little girl is just as sweet.