Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Scratch scratch

So it appears I have somehow developed a case of poison ivy. I did some weeding on Saturday morning before the heat got too bad. I took a shower as soon as I came in (primarily because I was concerned I might have come in contact with something, but also because Emma wrinkled her nose at me and said "Mama, you're STINKY!") But by Saturday night I had developed about 25 red welts all over my legs, which were extremely itchy. So far, it's manageble and I haven't gone to the doctor. Hopefully they'll just go away after a week or so. Several summers ago, I got a horrendous case of poison ivy that took two rounds of steriods and a couple of months to get under control. I don't think this is in that league. But I'll be happy when it's gone.

No comments: